Pages

Monday, May 2, 2011

IRCC blackworked shirt continues

New shirt is making progress.  This 16th century linen shirt is constructed of light weight linen and will be entirely hand stitched using either white linen thread or black silk thread.  Each of the panels which make up the shirt have button hole stitching holding the rolled edge and shall be woven together to construct the shirt.  The following photo shows the panels of the shirt I’ve completed the edge work on so far.  I plan on blackworking the collars and cuffs as well.  So far I've completed the edgework on the gussets and the sleeves.

 











Here is a silly little project.  I was getting sick of sewing yards of button hole stitches and so I made this pin cushion just for the heck of it.  It is made of some scrap wool I had on the floor next to my work chair.  It was left over from the wool Friar's robe I made last fall.