Monday, July 9, 2012

Finished Bone Thimble

Not much of a write up on this one.  Just some pictures of the finished thimble.  I sketched some lines on the thimble with the hopes of using that to guide the location of the dimples, but then after reading a little more about thimbles in a book I have, I found that the random location of the dimples was more likely the process used.


I cheated here... I know,  yuck!
I used a Dremel at this point.  Up until this point I had only used hand tools, but I gave up and decided to wrap this project up quickly.  A decision I'm sure I'll regret.  I have more bones in the basement so perhaps I'll make another some day all by hand.