Well, that was not altogether fun.
I completed dying the green linen, blue linen, green wool and all was well. I attempted to dye the blue linen and what I ended up with looked more like medieval tie-die. Splotchy, dark patches, light patches and all together yuck. My daughters loved it. One giggled for quite a while about me wearing a tie-die hood. I washed the hood once more and then attempted another dye bath. On the first go around I placed the wool into the bath dry, which I have come to learn is not the correct way to do things. After washing the wool the wet fibers seemed to take the dye a lot better. There are still some mild splotches here and there, but I’m not going to bleach them out and start again. This will have to do. I must say that I’m very happy with the overall color scheme and shades of color I ended up with.