Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Material for wool hood finally finished dying


Well, that was not altogether fun.
I completed dying the green linen, blue linen, green wool and all was well.  I attempted to dye the blue linen and what I ended up with looked more like medieval tie-die.  Splotchy, dark patches, light patches and all together yuck.  My daughters loved it.  One giggled for quite a while about me wearing a tie-die hood.  I washed the hood once more and then attempted another dye bath.  On the first go around I placed the wool into the bath dry, which I have come to learn is not the correct way to do things.  After washing the wool the wet fibers seemed to take the dye a lot better.  There are still some mild splotches here and there, but I’m not going to bleach them out and start again.  This will have to do.  I must say that I’m very happy with the overall color scheme and shades of color I ended up with.