Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Forty Scroll cases

The Midrealm issued a "Midrealm Scroll Case Challenge".
I decided to take up the challenge and make some scroll cases to go along with the scroll blanks I had recently been working on.  As it turns out, making scroll cases goes a heck of a lot faster than making the scrolls.  Shocking I know!

Over a period of three weeks or so I scrounged up all the cardboard I could from work.  When I had a decent sized pile I started going through the bins of scrap material in my basement.  It turned out to be a nice little recycling project.  I was able to purge almost two full bins of material.  I had scraps of material from over 10 years ago.  I never throw any material away.  This gave me a real reason to finally purge.  It was kind of funny when my wife saw the pile.  She recognized some of the material.  I had leftovers from kids baby blankets, pajamas, SCA clothing and a host of Halloween costumes.  It turned out to be a nice little pile when it was done.

Forty scroll cases in all.