Sunday, May 20, 2012

German Tellerbarett for Landsknecht outfit

Not much to show for this one, so far.  I've started some sketches and plans for a new hat.  This one won't be hand stitched and is more about the final look than it is about he period construction.  So far I have four pieces of cardboard glued up together to form the base of the hat.



Dang it is big!


Here are some updated sketches I've made to get an idea how the layout and location of the feathers will look.  I am still not certain on the colors of each section though.  I may make a colored mock-up or simply start working on it. On the left is the top view of the hat and on the right is the bottom view.