Pages

Friday, April 29, 2011

New Shirt started

As part of the IRCC (see prior posts for details) I have started a new linen shirt.  It will be made of light weight linen and have some blackworking.  All of the edges will be rolled edges with button hole stitching around them.  The seams will all be joined similar to a previous white shirt I did (http://ercc-glaison.blogspot.com/2011/02/another-shirt-completed.html).

Here is a photo of the first section of the shirt.














Note the brass needle.  I created my own needle and itend to sew the entire shirt using that needle.  Based on the rate at which I sewed the first 30 inches or so, I think that just the edging will take about 25 hours to complete.  After all the edgework is done I'll blackwork and assemble the shirt.  That will likly take another 25~30 hours or so.