Sunday, February 27, 2011

GSC Buttons

Upon further review the buttons I had created for the GSC (Golden Seamstress Competition) were a bit too large.  The team wanted a slightly smaller button.  We had drafted our pattern from a period garment which did in fact have very small buttons, so I can't disagree with the decision.  The problem now is that I have to start making more buttons.  I had completed 20 of the other larger variety.

Here are the beads which will be used for the new buttons.  I've painted them black to prep for covering with black string.  I simply put them into a cup, squirted black paint on them and swished them around until they were sufficiently covered.  The beads are slightly smaller than 1/4 inch.  After being covered they will be about 1/2 inch wide.