Pages

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ruff - 14 of 14 sections done and now assembly

Well, at about 2:30 in the AM, yup, in the AM, I finished the last of the 14 sections which needed to be hemmed. That’s 21 YARDS of hemming done. The estimate of time was, well, way off. I think my progress speeded up the further I went. The rolled edge actually looks better and better as I went along too. Go figure, the more I made the better I got. I guess that’s the whole point of the depth challenge though, right? I started assembling the pieces. That’s tedious. The selvage edge on my linen is rather rough and fringy looking. I have to trim it straight and then press it nice and flat. I’m trying to but the edges together by only catching about 2 threads of the selvage edge. I’d like the joint to be as clean as possible. This will likely be the most difficult portion of the assembly. Yup, I anticipate that this will be even tougher than the 500+ cartridge pleats required.

No comments:

Post a Comment