Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Wire Finger Ring

Went to a Metal and Glass symposium and took a class on wire finger rings taught by Master Philippe de Lyon.  The handout was based on pages from the book Dress Accessories, c.1150-c.1450 (Medieval Finds from Excavations in London).  

http://www.amazon.com/Accessories-c-1150-c-1450-Medieval-Excavations-London/dp/0851158390

These are the two rings which I made during the class.  Simple, cute and the seem to fit my daughters perfectly.  These are the only two which I’ve attempted to make, but I can see working on some other variations in the future.  

The ring on the left is made from silver plated wire and a red coral bead.  The one on the right is made from antiqued brass wire with a fresh water pearl.  I understand that the instructor purchased all of the supplies from Hobby Lobby and each ring costs less than a few dollars when supplies can be found on sale.