Pages

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Four scroll blanks finished

I'm just having a bunch of fun with this scribal stuff.  I've gotten 40 designs started, of which 36 have been inked in.  I'm falling behind posting anything anymore.  Here are four completed blanks.  They are all based on the same design.  I came accross the design on a website.  Sorry, but I don't recall where I saw it.  I liked the simple nature of the design and thought it would give me a chance to try my hand at white work.  All in all I'm only really happy with one of them, but this is a learning experience as well.

They are all free hand sketched with a mechanical pencil.  They were inked in with India ink applied with a metal-nibbed dip pen. I applied the color using brushed on gouache paint.  There is some gold accents (which were not picked up well by my scanner) which were done using Holbein Gold gouache.