Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Good and bad dice

Date: 2010-10: Wooden dice - Loaded (Breadth)

As part of a role that I intend to play at a local event I will be playing the part of a Monk. I will be serving as a corrupt member of the clergy. To further that corruption, while running various games of chance I wanted to create a few sets of actual dice as well as these sets of "loaded" dice. I created 4 sets of corrupt dice. One set of dice has 2 fives on each die increasing the chance of rolling fives. The fives were drilled on opposite sides so as to decrease the chance that anyone would notice. Two other sets were made with a similar notion. One set only has 4s, 5s, and 6s and the other set rolls only 1s, 2s and 3s. Since at any one time onlty three sides are visible to any one person I put the matching numbers on opposite sides. The final set of dice was created by drilling out the number 1. I placed a 1/8th ounce lead weight in the 1 and then repainted it so that it would not be visible. The extra weight reduces the radomness and significantly reduces the occurance of a 1 being rolled.
[[ insert image later ]]



Date: 2010-10: Wooden dice - Regular (not loaded) (Breadth)
As part of a role that I intend to play at a local event I will be playing the part of a Monk. I will be serving as a corrupt member of the clergy. To further that corruption, while running various games of chance I created a few sets of "loaded" dice. I also created this set of "correct" dice which look the same. I plan on using my large sleeves to hide the extra dice and occasionally swap between the loaded and regular dice so as to reducde detection.
[[ insert image later ]]