Pages

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Small Leather Draw String Pouch (For Bees Wax)

This is a small leather pouch for my sewing kit, to keep the bees wax from melting all over everything. This pouch was made from lamb skin. This seems rather simple but took quite a bit longer than I would have liked. I made three attempts before coming up with a pouch I liked. I started by cutting some leather into three long thin strips and then braiding them. I was hoping to use a braided leather line for the pouch closure. That's the portion which took the most time. I tried three differant weight leathers before I found the one I liked. When I decided on the weight leather and had the braided line, I simply cut a circle of leather of the same material and then punched holes along the endge of the circle. I wove the braided line through the holes to complete the pouch.